Monday 30 July 2012

[Maine-birds] Question re Black Terns- Isle of Shoals

On a 3 hour cruise from Portsmouth we observed terns which have bred (with help) on one of the isles.
I did not hear the guide mention Black Tern, but I feel sure I saw several; right?   :-)

Treat the other day in my yard: a phoebe feeding 2 young. Common, I know, except for me. I wasn't aware of a nest nearby. Chippies and robins have been around all summer... not much else.

p.s. to Pat M.   My 8 year old Granddaughter, about whom there was a little article in the York County newsletter last year, has now taken to filling their bird feeder daily... from a 3" wide flat railing on their deck. She also puts out water. There were goldfinches there today.  Her Mother says House Wrens nested in their new wren box this summer, and perch in a shrub near the house. I haven't been there enough to see them though... yet.
Barbara
~~~

Barbara Partridge Herrgesell
herpartb@aol.com

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

0 comments:

Post a Comment