Thursday 19 July 2012

Re: [Maine-birds] Tour de France & TV Birdlists

While watching a NatGeo special about Cheetahs it became obvious they add nature sounds in post production as a bird in the background was definitely an eastern wood-Pewee.  Incidentally I read somewhere they add a nature soundtrack to golf broadcasts.  


Chuck


Sent from my iPhone... So please forgive typographical errors, message brevity and any strange word choices my phone decides were better than what I actually typed.

On Jul 19, 2012, at 7:41 AM, Norman Famous <nfamous@maine.edu> wrote:

Great, TV birds!  For those keeping TV bird lists:

I was flipping the controls one morning and stopped briefly (note the word briefly) on the BBC's Teletubbies being broadcast on Public TV.  All of a sudden, a scene in a small well-landscaped park/garden in the UK emerged from a Teletummy (I don't recall the particular Teletubbie; I think it was Tinky Winky).  While in the garden, I could hear two European robins (song and call notes), a great tit and blackbird (European version) very clearly.  I thought I also hear a blue tit.  It was like being there.  What a pleasant surprise as it was winter and the woods in Augusta were quiet.  Usually when Teletubbies show come on I turn the channel before switching to a scene in the UK.   In any event, it is a good source of species for TV bird listers and couch potatoes.  

Norm Famous

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Mike Fahay <mfahay@gmail.com> wrote:
If you keep a TV birdlist, but are not watching the Tour, you missed an amazing side view of a soaring Griffon Vulture photo'd from the camera helicopter today in the Pyrenees.  Went on for almost a minute.  Very cool!


--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207



--
Norman Famous, Wetlands and Wildlife Ecologist
513 Eight Rod Road
Augusta, ME 04330
(207) 623 6072

--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207

0 comments:

Post a Comment