Friday 1 February 2019

[Maine-birds] Coopers Hawk - Biddeford Pool

Man its cold out............Went down to the bath house beach to go for a walk on the beach, stood on the top of the dune in the brisk wind and quickly turned around
and got back in my truck.  I had my camera with me so went down to the gut to see if anything was around and noticed a hawk fly across the gut to the other side and wondered what it was.
Went over to the Fishing Dock to see if there were any diving ducks there (half a dozen female buffleheads, no males) and something flew by & spooked the pigeons that were
roosting on the roof of the Yacht club, but still couldn't get an I.D., but I did watch as it flew towards Mile Stretch. I drove slowly towards home leaving the pool &
out of the corner of my eye I saw "whatever it was" land in a huge pine tree on the east side of 207 almost across from the old Hattie's Restaurant.
I drove slowly down the back access road to the Bath House beach, got out & circled the tree to get a better angle and managed a couple of pictures before it took off.
Nice way to end the day. Thought I'd share the picture.

Larger Photo here

DPP_MG_0956_Small.jpg


--
Maine birds mailing list
maine-birds@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/maine-birds
https://sites.google.com/site/birding207
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maine birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maine-birds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment